IIRRT Endorsement of IV Administration Course
The IIRRT endorses intravenous administration courses at the following centres:
- Diagnostic Imaging, UCD School of Medicine & Medical Science
- Radiographers’ Education Group, St. James’s Hospital
- Cork University Hospital / UCC Diagnostic Imaging department
- Sligo University Hospital
However, members are invited to submit details of other IV administration courses to the IIRRT for endorsement. Course endorsement is particularly important for IIRRT members to ensure that full insurance cover will be provided under the group insurance scheme, as long as both of the following requirements are fulfilled:
1) Have undertaken an IV administration course that is endorsed by the IIRRT,
2) Have approval to perform IV injections under the local hospital IV administration protocol.
Course details should include:
- Name of centre
- Course date
- Course duration
- Course curriculum
- Post course practice requirements, e.g., logbook evidence etc.
Approval of a course will be subject to an evaluation of the submitted course details to the usual address.
Further details can be found here IIRRT_IV_Endorsement