Radiology Services Manager Galway Clinic (40 hours per week), Permanent
Applications are invited for the position of:
Radiology Services Manager (40 hours per week), Permanent
A vacancy has arisen within the Radiology Department for the position of Radiology Services
Manager. This is a permanent, full-time role (40 hours pw).
Overall Job Purpose: Manage and supervise the Radiography area, ensuring effective delivery of
clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
Assess the clinical needs based on customer feedback (e.g. physicians, patients) and develop
programs to meet the needs. Work closely with the Allied Health Executive on strategic
planning, program development, personnel management and fiscal planning of the department.
This role also involves being part of the clinical rota.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage, supervise and coordinate delivery of patient care for assigned areas.
- Ensure compliance with clinical patient care standards, regulatory requirements and
- established policies and procedures.
- Actively support and promote a professional clinical model that encourages staff
- participation in the development of clinical standards.
- Assist Allied Health Executive with strategic planning for the department.
- Plan, schedule and organize work for employee groups ensuring proper distribution of
- assignments and efficient utilization of personnel, space and facilities.
- Monitor the level of resources utilized in service delivery and determine the
- appropriateness of resource consumption for assigned areas.
- Develop action plan in conjunction with the Allied Health Executive to ensure balance
- among budget neutrality, resource efficiency and satisfaction with patient care delivery.
- Maintain required records, reports and statistics for administrative, quality assurance,
- safety, and infection control purposes. Communicate requirements to staff, and hold staff
- accountable to established requirements.
- Co-ordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of departmental or area
- policies and procedures designed to improve operational efficiency.
- Oversee various personnel actions including but not limited to, recruitment, performance
- appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations and other related activities.
- Facilitate resolution to customer services issues.
- Develop clinical programs based on performing assessment of needs within the
- Serve as a professional role model and mentor to staff by responding positively to change
- while supporting colleagues through the change process.
- Have a relevant third level qualification in Radiology
- Have a postgraduate diploma/degree/MSc in Healthcare management
- Have relevant and up to date clinical and management experience
- Be CORU registered
- Have a proven record in management of staff issues
- Knowledge of: Standards in Radiography, Legislation, Quality Assurance, Risk
- Management, Developments in Radiography
- Skills & Attributes
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proven people management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Be able to express and address issues clearly, both orally and in writing and articulate
- them as necessary.
- Ability to initiate, develop and deliver quality projects which are relevant and assist the
- Hospital to achieve and maintain its quality targets on an ongoing basis.
To apply, please refer to the careers section of www.galwayclinic.com
Closing date for receipt of applications – Friday, 29th October 2021 at
The Galway Clinic is an equal opportunities employer