Radiation Therapist Level 2 Location: North West Cancer Centre, Tamworth Hospital
Radiation Therapist Level 2
Location: North West Cancer Centre, Tamworth Hospital
Job link: https://bit.ly/3qXJAP3
There’s never been a better time to join Hunter New England Local Health District! This vacancy is eligible for a NSW Health Rural Health Incentive package of up to $10,000 per year in addition to award entitlements (paid on a pro-rata basis for part time employees). Apply now and negotiate an incentive package that works for you and your family!
Remuneration: $69,971.46 – $97,709.59 per annum + super + salary packaging + rural incentives
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time and Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Radiation Therapist Lvl 2
Hours Per Week: 35
Requisition ID: REQ410389
Applications close: 20th July 2023 – don’t delay, applications are reviewed regularly!
About the Role:
- You will strive in the provision of efficient and safe patient centred radiation therapy services to include simulation, planning and treatment delivery.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in research and quality improvement projects and also present at in-house forums and contribute to the teams learning.
- There will also be opportunity to be highly involved in the implementation of the department’s expansion to SABR.
- Working a 9-day fortnight, you will get a long weekend once a fortnight!
Where you’ll be working:
- The North West Cancer Centre is located on the Tamworth Hospital Campus providing Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology and Haematology services for patients across the Hunter New England LHD.
- The centre is expanding its services to include a SABR program.
- It has recently been re-fitted with a state-of-the-art Siemens Go-Sim with Sentinel Surface Guided Radiotherapy system and Varian True Beam Linear Accelerator.
- The centre also utilises 3D printing for SXR lead surface shielding and 3D bolus printing.
- Tamworth, with a population of 60,000 is a modern progressive city set in a picturesque backdrop of tree covered mountains.
- It is a family friendly city, offering a broad range of experiences from sport and lifestyle, art and culture, music and entertainment, cafes and restaurants and weekend adventures.
- Tamworth is located about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane, providing ease of access with 6 daily flights, you’re not too far from the city, but you and your family will have daily access to the benefits of country life!
- You must be a motivated, competent health professional who understands the complex care needs of cancer patients, their families and carers.
- You will have a dedication to the core values of excellence in patient care, and a commitment to teamwork and respectful communication and workplace harmony.
- Upcoming new graduates are encouraged to apply (due to graduate by the end of 2023).
- Rural health incentives up to $10,000 per year
- Permanent and temporary positions available
- We work a 9-day fortnight, with an RDO every second Friday
- Located just 3.5 hours from the coast
- Four weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Superannuation contributions 10.5%
- Salary packaging– Up to $9k for living expenses + $2.6k meal & entertainment + Novated leasing.
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Registered as a Radiation Therapist with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia (MRPBA) as regulated by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Holds or eligible to hold a NSW Radiation licence as issued by the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) regulatory body.
- Eligible to drive in NSW and willingness to travel to sites across HNELHD.
- An eligibility list will be created for future permanent full or part time and temporary full or part time vacancies.
- Job share / part time arrangements will be considered.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Alison McSkimming on Alison.McSkimming@health.nsw.gov.au