Dementia Study day 25th March
This online webinar will commence at 8.45 to 4pm . This study day will be online via the IIRRT webinar platform There will be breaks during the day .
Dr. Anita O’Donovan, Asst. Prof, Discipline of Radiation Therapy, TCD.
Cecilia Craig, Education Officer, DSIDC.
Dr. Aisling Denihan, Consultant Psychiatrist for Older People, St. James’s Hospital.
Dr. David Robinson, Consultant Physician in Geriatric Medicine, St. James’s Hospital.
- Define what is meant by dementia.
- Have insight into the different types of dementia and cognitive tests available
- Describe the symptoms and clinical manifestations of dementia
- Describe appropriate assessment, treatment, and interventions.
- Discuss the factors which contribute to Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSD)
- Understand how to respond to the BPSD and the benefits of person-centered approaches to the care of people with dementia and cancer
- Understand how the physical hospital environment can support quality care for people with dementia
- Implement strategies to promote best practice care for people with dementia and cancer
Delegate’s will be charged a non-refundable €15 booking fee to attend. REGISTER HERE