PACS Clinical Specialist Radiographer (Permanent, 40 hours per week) Galway Clinic
Applications are invited for the position of:
PACS Clinical Specialist Radiographer (Permanent, 40 hours per week)
A vacancy has arisen within the Radiology Department for the above permanent position.
- Be responsible for day to day management of PACS, RIS and VR systems.
- Deliver RIS/PACS/VR training programmes to all current and new staff as required, including super users, Radiology staff and hospital clinicians.
- Responsible for preparation of training materials and manage processes to properly document, archive, and revise such documents.
- Trouble-shoot local errors; investigate and correct data errors on RIS/PACS.
- External image management; management and oversight of external image upload
- Management and oversight of image sharing platform (BEAM).
- Co-ordinate with GC IT departments, local implementation teams and vendors regarding the integration of new systems/modalities, upgrades and software refreshes.
- Liaises with the IT colleagues in the management of the interfaces between RIS/PACS and other information systems
- Participate in providing department audits and statistics as required.
- Contribute to development of manual contingency plans for GC PACS system downtime – scheduled and unscheduled
- Be responsible for RIS/PACS hardware management including local troubleshooting and reporting of faults
- Liaise with GC Information Governance committees and Data Protection Officer as appropriate to provide assurances of statutory compliance and best practice with regard to data protection.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity and security of the GC RIS/PACS/VR databases.
- Ensure all SOPS/ PPPGs relating to GC RIS/PACS are updated and developed as required and communicated to all relevant staff
- Be responsible for the documentation and investigation of complaints raised by system stakeholders relating to PACS/RIS/VR.
- Rotate through the department as per roster to facilitate the provision of Radiography services
- Participate in on-call rosters in accordance with the requirements of the department.
- Ensure radiology workflow from examination acquisition and reporting through meditech image access and viewing.
- Cross checking of Modality Worklist support, detection and reporting of radiology examinations not archived to PACS, repairing examinations with incorrect status in PACS, and correcting misidentified patient examinations are all responsibilities of the PACS IT Specialist and core team.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate flexibility in response to changing service needs.
- Ensure correct completion of records and reports.
- Provide support for off-site hardware and radiologist access when required.
- Bachelor of Science or its equivalent in Diagnostic Radiography
- CORU registration
- Postgraduate PACS qualification – desirable
- Have a minimum of 6 years post graduate clinical experience of which 4 years must be in PACS
- Have proven Clinical, Leadership, Project Management, Managerial & Customer Care skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in work practices
To apply, please refer to www.galwayclinic.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 26th February 2021 at 1pm
The Galway Clinic is an equal opportunities employer.