There are three different types of membership to avail of:
- Full membership with professional indemnity insurance (recommended for all practising Radiographers / Radiation Therapists)
- Full membership without insurance (for retired / non-practising Radiographers / Radiation Therapists)
- Student membership (discounted rates for students in training. Professional insurance not included)
To join, simply click here and follow the steps. It could not be easier!
|Full membership with insurance||Full membership||Student membership|
|Recommended for all practising Radiographers / Radiation Therapists||Recommended for retired / non-practising Radiographers / Radiation Therapists||Our Student option|
|€27 per month||€13 per month||€10 per year|
The preferred method of payment is via monthly Direct Debit from your bank account. Monthly payment via Paypal is available online or annual payment using cheques is also possible, but organised on a January to December basis only.
The preferred method of payment is via monthly Direct Debit . Please print off the Direct Debit form and return this to the IIRRT Office, once you have completed the registration steps above in “Become a Member“. All direct debit forms need to be submitted to the IIRRT office prior to forwarding to your bank.
All accompanying documentation can be uploaded electronically via the online registration process above or else sent via email to IIRRTmembership@gmail.com or via post to: 28 Millbrook Court, Kilmainham, Dublin 8
Membership is now available to Radiographers / Radiation Therapists who are not currently living in the Republic of Ireland but satisfy the below criteria:
- have been validated by the Irish competent authority (Dept of Health & Children)
- have either qualified in or previously worked in the jurisdiction (Irish Republic)
- are currently employed as a Radiographer / Radiation Therapist
- are a member of an equivalent professional body in the country they work in
Overseas Members shall be entitled to all the membership benefits of full members but will not be entitled to vote at meetings of the Institute and shall not be eligible for membership of the Council. To apply as an overseas member, persons should complete the application form and supply evidence of matching the above criteria to the IIRRT office for review. Do NOT submit payment until contacted by the membership secretary. We cannot guarantee return of unsolicited payments. **24/09/12: The IIRRT are currently updating their membership systems so postal applications are cannot be accepted at this current time. The new system will be operational in a couple of weeks and until then only online membership applications will be accepted. Apologies for any inconvenience!**
** Please note membership of the IIRRT is not a requirement to permit a Radiographer / Radiation Therapist to work in the Republic of Ireland