Information for CPD Event Organisers
IIRRT CPD Endorsement
Endorsement means the process by which the IIRRT assesses the suitability and educational value of the proposed learning programme. CPD events include Study Days, Conferences, e-learning, and literature.
It applies to locally organised events i.e. not formal study. It is to be understood that a CPD ‘Event Organiser’ is anyone who facilitates a CPD Event for Radiographers and Radiation Therapists. The purpose of endorsement is to indicate to Professional Bodies, CORU, Radiographers and Radiation Therapists that a particular CPD Event is of an appropriate standard and is recognised by the IIRRT.
CPD Event Organisers must identify specific learning outcomes please click here
IIRRT CPD endorsed events may use the IIRRT CPD endorsed logo,for a period of two years if no details of the course have changed.
- Only IIRRT fully funded and endorsed events may use the IIRRT logo.
How to apply for IIRRT-Endorsement:
Applications for endorsement and/or funding are required to be submitted at a minimum of 6 weeks before an event.
Download and complete the Endorsement Application Form from the CPD section of the IIRRT website. A copy of the Programme, including the titles of the Presentations must be included. Please note speakers do not have to be confirmed. Submit information electronically to the IIRRT CPD Officer firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by the IIRRT CPD Committee.
- CPD Event Organisers must also be aware that further information may be requested. The IIRRT CPD Committee will aim to advise CPD Event Organisers of the outcome of the application no later than 1week after the receipt of application. Feedback will be provided in the case of a failed application.
There should be no reference to the IIRRT CPD endorsement on any advertisements of an event prior to endorsement being granted.
- If advertising after endorsement granted, The IIRRT CPD-Endorsed logo will be sent to the CPD Event Organiser in electronic format. This MUST be included on all advertising/promotional material, Programme, Abstract Books, CPD Certificate etc. and be acknowledged on the day. The logo can only be used for the endorsed CPD event and it remains the property of the IIRRT.
IIRRT Funded Events
Organisers of CPD Events (locally, regionally or nationally) in conjunction with the IIRRT CPD Officer as ‘IIRRT Study Days’ are eligible to apply for IIRRT HSE CPD funding to cover the cost of the CPD event.
- The Study Day must be clearly advertised as an ‘IIRRT Study Day’
- Online registration will be available via the IIRRT Events Management System.
- A Report, Photos and evaluation from the CPD event will also be required from the CPD Event Organiser for inclusion in the Radiography Ireland journal.
- All receipts must be submitted with the relevant Expenses_Form_2017 Form via email to email@example.com
‘Study Day Pack’ for CPD Event Organisers
The IIRRT CPD Officer is available to support CPD Event Organisers who facilitate IIRRT-funded and IIRRT-endorsed CPD Events. This ‘Study Pack’ has been compiled to assist CPD Event Organisers in preparing their CPD Application to the IIRRT. Study Day Organisers Guide
Sample ‘Study Day’ documents:
- Sample Flier
- Sample Attendance Record
- Sample Abstract Booklet
- Sample Evaluation Form
- Sample Report Template