Why Become a Member?
Joining the IIRRT offers a number of benefits:
- Representation in the workplace.
The institute have a network of workplace representatives elected nationwide who can offer members advice and assistance in professional and career matters. The IIRRT also lobbies both nationally and regionally ensuring that members have access to development opportunities to advance their skills and professional competence.
- Representing radiographer’s interests at national level.
The IIRRT proactively represents the interests of R.T.’s and D.R.’s at governmental level by providing representatives that sit on committees and boards. This ensures our professions contribution to healthcare is recognised at the highest level
- Exclusive IIRRT Insurance schemesIn association with the Irish Institute of Radiography and Radiation Therapy, Glennon Insurance have arranged a number of Insurance schemes with specially negotiated rates and policy features for members of the IIRRT.The Professional Liability insurance protects against your legal liability arising from the provision of professional services and activities as outlined by the IIRRT, and the Fitness to Practice Legal Expenses insurance provides legal assistance and cover for legal fees in relation to matters arising from a complaint which has been referred to CORU. Both of these insurances can be secured as part of your membership of the IIRRT.
In addition Car and Home insurance schemes are available with exclusive rates and policy features for members (and spouses/partners) of the IIRRT.
- Personal Travel Insurance offering individuals or families a wide range of benefits at Exclusive IIRRT rates for Single or Annual Multi-Trips on a European or Worldwide basis.
- To avail of this Exclusive facility members should use the promo code RAD001 when obtaining a quotation via the following link – IIRRT Travel Insurance
- Members can also access a range of Financial Planning Services including Mortgage Protection, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Continued Professional Development
The Institute is committed to giving radiographers every assistance in achieving their individual and collective CPD aspirations, through the organising and funding of appropriate educational events as well as online material through the IIRRT CPD hub for its members, designed to keep you informed and improve your skills but also a FREE personalised e-PORTFOLIO for recording of all your CPD activities. This e-Porfolio also allows for simple one click exporting if and when you are audited by CORU
- Discounted rates for educational and CPD activities
Members benefit from significantly reduced rates for attendance at numerous CPD activities, including the Annual National Conference as well as free access to the online material within the IIRRT CPD hub
- Full access to the IIRRT website.
The website is a repository of Radiography related information in Ireland and contains useful documents such as Practice Guidelines, regular news updates, a CPD channel (CPD hub) which facilitates Radiographers in accessing appropriate educational material, online applications for educational activities and conferences, Radiography Ireland online publications and a members forum where members can post questions and start threads!
- Access to Radiography Ireland Journal
The IIRRT produces an academic journal called Radiography Ireland. In doing so the IIRRT provides a facility for the publication of researcher undertaken by its membership (although not exclusively). Thus the IIRRT actively promotes domestic based research. Radiography Ireland is a journal that is made available to the membership.
- Publications and documents
A wide range of advisory and professional documents are published which are free to all members. These codes of conduct and best practice guidelines are often used at a local level for policy development. Thus the IIRRT sets standards ensuring professionalism.
- Special Interest Groups
New sub disciplines and specialities are continually evolving within diagnostic imaging and oncology. As members’ contribution to patient care and the clinical team develop there is increasing enthusiasm to share ideas and agree best practice standards of care. This is where special interest groups have an important role to play.
Current SIGs cover paediatrics, MRI, nuclear medicine, CT, Ultrasound, forensic imaging, radiation therapy, vascular and interventional radiography, and mammography. Members can help influence the development of standards and practice of the professions in your workplace.
- Research Funding
Members can apply for funding for independent clinical research projects and a number of bursaries are awarded to members each year for this purpose. The institute also offers assistance with research and access to Institute information systems and services
- Membership of other international organisations
The Institute is a member of international organisations, such as the EFRS, ESTRO and ISRRT which provides members a chance to be involved with and influence European and International promotion of the professions.